Friday, November 28, 2008

Why the Saarela Family will buy nothing.

So a couple of years ago a wrote about why I participate in the holdiay "Buy Nothing Day." I still feel this is an important holiday to celebrate and this story is just fuel to my fire.

Another year is upon us and once again we have another chance to set ourselves apart and say "American consumerism is bad for the county, bad for the planet, and I want people to know that some things in life are more important than 50% off on a DVD player."

Again I celebrate the spirit of the holiday if it is possible I will avoid buying anything on the day but I must confess this year I got my wife a redbox dvd and some ice cream because she is in bed with a horrilbe cold. It's more about the spirit of the thing, do your Christmas shopping next week.

Cheers!
Caleb

P.S. New Brave Saint Saturn album is available on iTunes, or better yet buy it from them. Just wait until tomorrow...

P.P.S. Here is another link to another story , the death toll climbs to three over toys and DVD players.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home