Friday, February 13, 2009

Worship Music

So over the years I have shared my issues with a lot of Worship albums put out by pop bands. Not worship music at church, I like that it makes sense it fits, I'm not talking about that. There is something that has always rubbed me the wrong way about the worship album. Maybe it is the worship albums that has the lead singer on the cover (weird), or when the band thanks their stylist but it has always felt strange to me. I totally understand if you love it, that's fine, just has never been my thing.

Well recently at church I was sitting behind this family and they had a little girl about the age of 4 or 5. I doubt she can read but when they started playing the songs let me tell you she was belting them out. I just though now that is super cool.

I started thinking about my family, yes weird my family and I totally want my kids to be able to belt it out in their worst voice just like mom and dad. So recently I have been buying worship songs, just trying to find some of my favorite songs from church so we can sing them around our house and hopefully they will become the songs of our souls, well that and Five Iron, and bS2 and some others.

On a side note been listening to a lot of Switchfoot/Jon Foreman lately, good stuff...

Cheers,
Caleb

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home